made in Italy
Chiara is a fluffy, feather-weight, superkid mohair yarn with a brilliant silky glow added by a thread of rayon. A small content of Elastane (stretchable polyester filament similar to Lycra) takes care of garments' shape. It is one of the brand new, super light-weight, "air yarns" from Lana Grossa: a long-sleeved pullover made of Chiara weights about 700 gr. Chiara is ultra soft and is suitable for knit fashion of any kind: fantasy and classic pullovers, dresses, vests, or Bohemian chic articles. * "Chiara" is the Italian version of the name Claire.
* Similar yarn: Malou Luxe, Lanalux, Belfilo
FIBRE: 70% Rayon, 20% Superkid Mohair, 10% Lurex (Polyester)
YARN WEIGHT: Worsted
TENSION: 10x10cm (4"): 25 sts / 30 rows
NEEDLES: recommended 4 - 4.5 mm (US No.6-7)
LENGTH: approx. 190 m / 212 yards
BALL WEIGHT: 50g
Usage: 400 gr for S/M size, long sleeves
Shade Card 1 | Shade Card 2
PATTERNS: Filati Handkniting No. 35, Filati Magazine No. 36, No. 40
Sale Price (CAD): $16.50
IN STOCK: 06 Caramel (lot of 7 balls), 07 Lychee (lot of 3 balls)
Request colour description or quantity »
Lana Grossa Yarns Index »
Garment Care: hand or machine wash in cool temperatures, dry flat.
Please be advised that we are migrating to a new e-Commerce host. Thank you for your patience.
To order and pay via INTERAC e-Transfer (Canadian Funds)
please submit you order online » or
(Tan, Reddish Beige)
* Lot of 7 balls
* Lot of 3 balls
JACKET AND SCARF © Lana Grossa, FILATI Magazine № 36, col 08
Patterns for Chiara:
• Silver Tailored Cardigan, © Burda Tricot Spring 2010, designer: Elisabeth Plauert, yarn: Chiara.
• Chiara-Pelice Jacket, Filati Magazine № 36
• Dress © Sandra № 10, 2011
• Turtleneck in structured pattern, Filati Handknitting № 35
• Pullover, Filati Handknitting № 35
• Pullover with Jacquard Motifs, © Burda Tricot Winter 2009, design: Elisabeth Plauert, yarns: Chiara, jacquard motif - Verde [75% Organic Wool, 25% Alpaca]
• Vest, Scarf, and Cardigan, Filati Magazine № 36